Thursday, January 28, 2016

Review: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies


I finally understand why Charlotte married Mr.Collins out of the blue.

I have seen the numerous movies based on Pride and Prejudice novel, and was looking forward to reading the zombie adaptation. Would it linger toward the horror genre or humor -- I did not know what to expect. But after reading it, I must say it definitely belongs to the latter. 

Grahame-Smith changed lots of the dialogue to incorporate the zombie theme as the Bennett girls are well trained in combat. Yes, their mother is still obsessed with marriage (regardless of the plague) and all the characters are there. Although, I must say that Grahame-Smith karma the heck out of all of them, whether by giving them even more egotistical personalities or crippling them. 



2 comments:

  1. I read this to satiate my curiosity. I was like open-mouthed at first because of all the gore. It was one thing watching zombie gore, it's another thing reading it. Ew. Ew. Ew. Hahaha. But I liked it, in a weird sort of way.

    Are you going to watch the movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I entend to :) Need to learn some zombie combat moves.

      Delete