Thursday, November 24, 2016

Review: Walk two moons


Sal is an only child, living with her single dad. Her mom left them without saying a word. After a few days, her dad determined that she wasn't going to return. So when her best friend's Phoebe's own mother vanishes (she left a letter saying she needs a few days to sort some things out) Sal warns her ''She might not come back.'' But Phoebe insists that her mom wouldn't leave her, that she must have been abducted. And hence begins both girls investigation as Phoebe tries to figure out if certain notes can lead to her mom, and Sal tries to make peace with the incident that made her mom go away. 

To be honest, I did not feel inclined to read this book -- the premise seemed a bit confusing at first -- but I have to say I'm glad I did. The author made sure to give us sympathetic characters with well written backgrounds that make it easy to understand why they act certain ways. Mothers are often seen as the glue that holds families together, but they are also human beings with their ups and downs, and need time for themselves too.



2 comments:

  1. Great review. I loved this book when I was a kid. I read it so many times that my copy fell apart.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete